What You'll Need:
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, half the cheese, pepper and the lemon zest
5. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid
6. Add the pasta, egg mixture & sausage into the pot and mix together. The heat from the pasta will thicken the egg to a silky sauce
7. Add anywhere from 3/4 to 1/2 of the pasta water to loosen.
8. Toss with the remaining cheese and chives, serve & enjoy!
This was actually my first time having an egg sauce with my pasta and I really enjoyed it. We followed the recipe exactly and had enough left over to enjoy for lunch the next day. I can see us making this during the week since it took about 25 minutes total to prepare!
What kind of pasta recipe is your favorite? If you end up trying this recipe - let me know how you like it!