I'm sure the title of this post has some of you thinking, "I am so not a morning person!" Well let me be the first to tell you that mornings are seriously the best time of day. That little piece of time before the rest of the world is up, is when you can really get the most out of your day! I'm a morning person to a fault - I love it and have way more energy in the mornings than in the evenings! Gary has a hard time grasping how I am so bubbly in the morning, but I attribute it to these 5 things!
1. Prepare for your day the night before. For me this means packing my lunch and gym clothes ahead of time. It also means trying to pick out my clothes for the next day ahead of time. I could probably spend 15 minutes in front of my closet and that's just precious time I don't want to waste in the morning!
2. Start setting your alarm for 5 minutes before you actually need to be up. So for instance if you normally wake up at 7:00, set it to 6:55 AM, then work your way down by 10 or 15 minutes. I wake up at 6:00 AM on mornings when I go to the gym and at 6:30 if I'm not going to the gym. I don't need to wake up that early, but it gives me about 40 minutes or so of extra time to read blogs and make sure everything is squared away for the day.
3. Get to bed early. This one is sort of a "DUH!" If you get to bed earlier you wont feel as tired waking up the next day. I clearly see a difference if I am in bed and going to sleep at 11:00 PM during the week versus falling asleep by 10:30 PM - that means I'm getting into bed by 10:15 at the latest. Could be early for some, but find the time that works for you and stick with it! I worried about missing my favorite shows that would start at 10 and go for the full hour (ahem Scandal, thankfully changed to 9:00 PM), but I just realized it's better to DVR and watch the next day without commercials!
4. Have something to look forward to in the mornings. This could be that cup of coffee, meditation, a workout or even your alone time catching up on emails or blogs. For me it's a hot water with lemon that I drink while I'm getting ready. It's something I look forward to and get's me ready for the day.
5. Try to take showers at night. I can see how it's not everyone's preference because some people wake up by getting into the shower. For me, I save so much time by showering at night. My hair is dry and ready to go for the morning. Streamlining your morning makeup routine is also really helpful, which for me can be done in 8 minutes flat and I'm willing to do a video to prove it :)
These five little ways not only help to get your mornings off on the right foot, but you'll notice a lot more time left over, so if you must snooze because you aren't a morning person, try doing #1 because you will buy yourself at least 10 more minutes in your bed!
Are you a morning person? How do you get more time in the mornings?
Posts on B~Loved Boston may contain affiliate links. This means that I could earn a commission from them. All of these are items I would personally purchase myself or already have purchased. All opinions remain my own. Blovedboston.com occasionally receives vendor/brand sponsorship's for mentioning their products and services.