What You'll Need
- 4 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 shallot - finely chopped
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup of cream
- handful of basil leaves
- one small onion - finely chopped
- 4 tilapia fillets
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup parmesean cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets, season with garlic salt and pepper - put off to the side on a separate plate.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet and add in garlic, onions and shallot - stir and cook for 2 min. Add the cherry tomatoes in and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add the cream and set a timer for 15 minutes so that your sauce can thicken. Make sure your heat is on medium low and if it boils that's OK.
- In another larger skillet, pour oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Get ready to have an assembly line created!
- In a bowl or a plate, have your flour ready and also have a separate bowl or plate for the whipped eggs.
- In a bowl or plate, combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs and a little garlic powder
- Dip the tilapia in the flour first, then coat in the egg and press it into the breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture.
- Place on the heated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. I tend to over cook and let each side cook for about 5 mins.
- While the fish is cooking chop up your fresh basil (finely) and add it into the sauce and stir.
One thing to note is if your Tilapia fillets are on the larger side - you just repeat the steps until you've cooked them all. We had really large fillets and enough for leftovers!
I served this with oven roasted asparagus and carrots - just a little dab of olive oil, garlic and pepper to taste and popped in the oven for 10-12 minutes!