What You'll Need:
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves - I added in some minced garlic as well because we like garlic in our house
⅓ cup chopped parsley - didn't add this because we didn't have any
⅓ cup chopped basil - used fresh and dried basil
¼ cup grated Parmesan
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt, pepper & red pepper flakes to taste
1 package turkey basil sausage - or any meat you want to add
1. In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente - 7-9 minutes
2. Reserve 1 cup of water to use later
3. While the pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan melt butter in olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt and stir frequently until the garlic is tender - not brown - then remove from heat
4. Add pasta to garlic oil; toss to coat overly low heat
5. At the same time, start cooking your sausage
6. Add in the cherry tomatoes, parsley, basil, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, turkey sausage and toss quickly
7. If the pasta looks dry add some of the reserved water
8. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, toss well and add salt & pepper to taste.
9. Top with a few pieces of fresh basil and enjoy!
I realize the pasta on hot days is not really appetizing, but something about this recipe is so light and fresh!! We had enough for leftovers for lunch and it was just as great on the second day.
What's your favorite pasta dish to make?