Father's day is coming right up (June 19th!) and this year my dad is actually going to be in town to celebrate it with both me and my sister! Dad's are almost as hard to buy for as mom's - at least that's the case with mine! My dad takes incredible care of his things - he has had the same sunglasses for at least 12 years and they are still in impeccable shape, same goes for wallets, shoes and anything else - so I have to get really creative for the man who wants for nothing! Since dad's are practical, here's a gift guide that fits the bill!
1. I wouldn't necessarily call my dad "sporty" but he does love his Fitbit and he wears his band every single day! Since they've taken quite the beating, he's do for a few replacement bands!
2. Since getting the iPhone a couple years ago, my dad has become super techy - he's always on his phone and a new case that also doubles as his wallet is perfect! He doesn't carry much with him anyway, but he's always got his phone handy!
3. Every dad has a hobby and with all my dad's new found free time he loves to fish! I'm actually not even sure what kind of rod he uses now, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind a new one!
4. It just so happens that Father's Day coincides with the peak of grilling season and these seasoning rubs would be perfect if your dad, husband or brother is an avid griller!
5. My parents are eventually going to move to Boston and when that happens he'll be ready with his Boston Red Sox hat - even though he only wears them to the beach!
6. My dad wears reading glasses now and has a tendency to sort of leave them haphazardly all around the house - so in an effort to make sure he has a great pair of glasses in every room of the house - getting a set would do the trick! Your dad might not like you for insinuating that he's getting older, but he'll thank you for never having to ask "have you seen my glasses?!"
7. While a weekender bag might not seem like a gift that would get a lot of use all the time, it's one that someone would always have! I'm not sure my dad has anything bigger than a really small gym bag, so this bag is perfect for those weekend trips - which he and my mom make frequently to visit us!
8. I picked up a leather catchall tray for Gary a few years ago and seeing how much use he get's out of a small one, I know that it would be a great gift for a dad that likes to have everything in one place - like mine, he can even have a spot for his glasses!
SHOP THE POST
Is your dad hard to shop for? What's on your gift list?