- Pond's Hydrating Skin Cream || My go to moisturizer for after the shower - it's light and fluffy & the perfect amount of hydration for my skin. I use it if I accidentally get a sunburn in the summer and it really soothes my skin. I only recently noticed that I was going through the cream rather quickly - turns out I'm not the only fan, G likes to use it after he shaves!
- Garnier Fructis Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment || I can't even tell you how many of these small 3.5 oz bottles I have gone through in the last 5 or so years - I love this so much! A little dime size amount goes a long way and it helps keep my ends hydrated. I apply right after the shower and if I'm planning on blow drying my hair, I'll add a bit more to my hair, but never near the scalp, because that just ends up giving my hair an oily texture.
- Physicians Formula Bronzer || Last year the beauty world on YouTube was going crazy over this bronzer and for good reason - it's amazing! The pack lasts you a long time and it smells like you're on a vacation. I was so nervous that they would discontinue it or that it was a limited edition that I went back and bought two more, just in case. If you're a fan of the Hoola bronzer from Benefit, you'll definitely like this one!
- L'Oreal Voluminous Eye Lash Primer || I hate to say that this puts my origins and clinique eye lash primers to shame, but it sort of does! I really like the wand because it's not as flimsy as others and still feels like a mascara. You can see the white coat going on your lashes and it instantly intensifies the look of your mascara.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara || Hands down my favorite drug store mascara - I ended up using this for about 9 months (not the same tube) and didn't want to change mascara's but I've never forgotten the amount of lift and volume this mascara gives. It gives you the false lashes look without the hassle of applying them!
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Concealer || I have a very hard time finding concealers and foundations that I truly like and want to use from the drugstore, but on a whim last year I purchased this one and felt like they got it right! I'm not the biggest fan of the application process - there isn't a wand or anything, but using the beauty blender I dab enough under each eye then blend it out. It works really well and having the pressed powder to set it really takes it to the next level. I'd compare it to a NARS creamy concealer. It doesn't have a super thick consistency which I know a lot of us like.
- NYX Butter Gloss || Once you buy one butter gloss, you can't stop buying them. These are great to add a little color throughout the day. They don't last that long, but they smell amazing and give the perfect amount of color you'd need to punch up an outfit or your makeup look! I usually keep two of these at my desk at work, so when I'm jumping into a meeting, I'll swipe some color on my lips and it doesn't look overdone or like I'm trying too hard! "Fortune Cookie" is a favorite of mine.
- St. Ives Brightening Scrub || There have been times when I've strained from my beloved St. Ives scrub and nothing works as well as this at taking off my makeup. I use the pink lemon and mandarin orange scrub, which is a brightener and not mean to be a pore cleanser - so it's not quite as harsh on your skin as the others, but it works just as well. The micro beads really do invigorate my skin & my face feels like I just got out of a facial. I've been a fan of St. Ives since high school and I can't imagine not using it!
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer || I'm terrible at self tanning at home, something about it always trips me up, but when my friend Jackie mentioned this moisturizer that you apply while you're still in the shower I decided to give it a try. After a little slip up (user error not the product) I think I have finally mastered how to apply it with just the right amount of buildable glow. I have the fair / medium toned one. Really great for keeping the color year round or if you know you're going on a sunny vacation, starting the tan a little early!
- Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish || Before this line of nail polish from Essie came out I could not get their nail polish to stay on my nails chip free for longer than a day - didn't matter what base or top coat I used, it was pointless. I decided to give one color a try and when it lasted for 9 days without a chip, I was sold! I have purchased about 8 colors since and usually bring it to the salon myself for a manicure. I also threw away / gave my nieces my entire nail polish collection that wasn't this line! I can't imagine going back to regular polish after this! *editor's note: I did go for my first dip powder gel manicure over the weekend after wanting something a little different so I'll let you know how that goes!
One item I haven't really nailed down yet is a favorite drug store lipstick - so please share any & all recommendations for a great nudey-pink color you might have!!
SHOP THE POST
What are some of your favorite drug store beauty buys?