I've mentioned my sister's apple pie recipe on a few occasions and I'm so excited to share it with you all today!! There are a few little tricks that I think make it extra tasty!!
What you'll need
1 pack of dough (we used Pillsbury)
12-15 granny smith and red apples (you want a good mixture of sweet and tart)
1 Cup of Sugar
2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
This little handy tool will make your life so much easier!!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. clean and cut your apples - like I said the apple peeler will make it so much easier!
3. spray the pie pan and roll one of the pieces of dough onto the bottom of the dish
4. In a ziplock bag combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon
5. Sprinkle 1/4 of the dry mixture onto the dough so that it can help absorb the juice from the apples
6. Arrange all the apple almost to the top - fill it almost to the brim
7. Sprinkle the rest of the dry mixture on top and make sure it gets into all the little crevices
**#8 is Optional**
Cut up half a stick of butter and arrange right on top of apples in 4 big chunks
9. Place the second dough and connect the two parts
10. With a knife make 4 straight lines so that the air filters as it bakes
11. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes
Try to let the apple pie set for at least a few hours so that all the apple juices get soaked up - trust me if you enjoy it a little later it'll taste that much better!!
This is a picture of the apple pie my sister made for Thanksgiving last year - totally failed to take a picture of our finished product from a few weekends ago, but I'm sure you'll trust me that they were just as beautiful!!!
How do you like to make apple pie? Do you have any great recipes?!
Thank you for reading and hope you have a great day!!