July 29, 2015
July 28, 2015
What You'll Need
- 4 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 shallot - finely chopped
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup of cream
- handful of basil leaves
- one small onion - finely chopped
- 4 tilapia fillets
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup parmesean cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets, season with garlic salt and pepper - put off to the side on a separate plate.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet and add in garlic, onions and shallot - stir and cook for 2 min. Add the cherry tomatoes in and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add the cream and set a timer for 15 minutes so that your sauce can thicken. Make sure your heat is on medium low and if it boils that's OK.
- In another larger skillet, pour oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Get ready to have an assembly line created!
- In a bowl or a plate, have your flour ready and also have a separate bowl or plate for the whipped eggs.
- In a bowl or plate, combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs and a little garlic powder
- Dip the tilapia in the flour first, then coat in the egg and press it into the breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture.
- Place on the heated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. I tend to over cook and let each side cook for about 5 mins.
- While the fish is cooking chop up your fresh basil (finely) and add it into the sauce and stir.
One thing to note is if your Tilapia fillets are on the larger side - you just repeat the steps until you've cooked them all. We had really large fillets and enough for leftovers!
I served this with oven roasted asparagus and carrots - just a little dab of olive oil, garlic and pepper to taste and popped in the oven for 10-12 minutes!
July 27, 2015
Happy Monday friends! I was pretty excited for this past weekend for a few reasons - getting to meet a blog friend for the first time, going to the brand new City Target that opened and spending the day with my oldest niece celebrating her birthday - happy to report everything was checked off the list! Before the weekend started I was able to check out the rooftop pool and bar at the Colonnade Hotel in Boston.
I along with a few other bloggers were treated to a taste of the brand new food and cocktail menus. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the views, but that's because I was busy stuffing my face with the incredible food - including the most delicious lobster rolls I've had this summer!! Chef Nick Calias is a genius and the presentation of the food was as good as it tasted!
Mini hot dogs and mini lobster rolls - you can imagine which ones I hit up first! The swordfish tacos were amazing and the presentation of the BBQ Shrimp was so fun! I can't wait to go back!
I've tweeted my excitement that City Target is finally open in Fenway and Gary totally went along for the ride on Friday night! It's still got that new Target smell and the best part is that it's a grocery store and they sell alcohol, which is nearly impossible to find in any Massachusetts store!
Of course I bought a ton of things I didn't need like these mini champagne bottles and finally being able to find the mini Sofia cans for my bar cart! Yes everything was pink and that wasn't planned!
My oldest niece turned 10 last week and all she really wanted for her birthday was to spend one on one time together - of course I obliged and took her for a little pampering!
We had the best time getting her nails done, chatting away during lunch and taking her to Target to pick out something she had her eye on - I'd also like to point out the fishtail braid done by yours truly!
That night we met up with Kate and her husband for dinner and some drinks!! I suggested Rosa Mexicano since I know how much they love Mexican food! It felt like meeting up with an old friend, we picked up as if we had just seen each other last weekend and that is the part of blogging that I love - so many new friends!
I was so excited to show them The Envoy Hotel roof top bar because it really does have some of the best views of Boston's skyline!
If you have a visit planned to Boston this is a must visit stop!
Sunday can be described in two words - clean & eat...and then shop to get office supplies that you don't need! I also made an incredible recipe that I can't wait to share with you tomorrow! But enough about the weekend and let's get to a giveaway this Monday! I've teamed up with some great ladies and one lucky winner will get a pair of these gorgeous Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings! This giveaway is open to international residents as well!
a Rafflecopter giveaway